About Ed Charlton
My name is Ed Charlton, founder of Ed Charlton Consulting Inc.
I’ve spent 30+ years working in Canada’s oil and gas sector, having benefitted from a fulfilling career with Imperial Oil and most recently with one of Canada’s largest and fastest-growing privately-held petroleum distributors.
Working for a large, disciplined company like Imperial Oil, who at one time owned and operated thousands of Esso branded retail and bulk distribution terminals across Canada, enabled my career to span the full life cycle of downstream operations from site development to generating ever increasing asset utilization through organic growth and consolidation to fewer, higher productivity sites, to site divestment for change in land use – cradle to grave, as often referred to in industry.
We provide 30+ years of diverse and in-depth experience covering all elements of your business without having to develop the human resource talent and experience that can only be refined to excellence over time.
Here’s What You Get
- Extensive business, real estate, risk and liability management expertise;
- Vendor and associate relationship management, sales & marketing, government and media relations skills;
- Specialized expertise in remediation and divestment of environmentally impacted lands including environmental liability management solutions for mergers and acquisitions representing Vendors and Purchasers.
- Expert communication and stakeholder engagement skills attested through successes with the Ministry of Environment Conservation and Parks (MECP), provincial municipalities, community association groups and environmental litigants.
- Proven negotiation expertise, sound business judgment, and timely decision-making to achieve client’s business objectives.